The Customer promise, Innovation, Take the organisation with you!
Dynamic and energetic messages; Hamish Taylor challenged our thinking and made us view some of our leadership issues as opportunities
Hamish Taylor brings an infectious energy to the table. He is enthusiastic yet very keen in hearing what you have to say hence his collaborative approach to creating a piece of work that not only is effective but truly meets the clients need. His enthusiasm is matched with genuine experienced insights into the world of business. The work that Hamish Taylor did for the Post Office was received extremely well by the senior management audience and indeed several of whom had a ‘corridor’ chat with me raving about this guy ‘Hamish’. He has real credibility and this shines through in everything he did with us. All in all we would do business again – it was a pleasure!!!”
Stimulating and fun to listen to…passionate and incredibly enthusiastic” – Thank you Hamish Taylor
- Fee Range: £5k - £10k
Hamish Taylor’s energetic, thought provoking and humorous keynotes are based on a rare combination of real stories and a fantastic ability to inspire audiences with tailored advice and practical tools. Regularly featured in broadcast media, today Hamish Taylor acts as an advisor to some of the world’s largest companies (and even Governments) assisting with specific innovation projects, customer focus and/or people leadership.
As the self appointed “chief dumming down officer” in each of his roles, Hamish Taylor’s approach is simple – but highly effective in delivering breakthroughs.
1. The first thing that has to change is the way you look at your customers (both internal and external) If you look at your customers the same way, you will get the same answers and keep doing the same things.
2. Secondly, you need to use your customer insights to create a new leadership tool – a simple “customer promise” as a platform for ALL future activity that puts customer benefit at the heart. Your customer doesn’t care about what you do, but about how they benefit as a result of what you do – so use this as your key purpose.
3. Thirdly, you must look to other environments and industries if you want breakthrough ideas for product, service, process, leadership and much more. The Inspired Leaders Network dubbed him the “Master thief” due to his track record in this area.
4. Concentrate you major energy on changing the way you engage with the team that will deliver the customer promise.
Hamish Taylor’s keynotes will demonstrate the major breakthroughs that can be achieved by changing your approach.
Three keynote topics are below, however Hamish’s message can be tailored to a variety of topics and levels within an organisation.
- The Customer Promise:- Lessons in putting the customer at the heart of all activities within your organisation (or department)
- Master thief:- Lessons in driving innovation and change by “stealing” ideas from outside
- Playing Reverse Football:- Lessons in making sure you take the organisation with you!