Claire Taylor MBE ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year 2009
Claire Taylor MBE is a former cricketer who represented England more than 150 times between 1998 and 2011. A top order batsman, Taylor was the first woman to be named a Wisden Cricketer of the Year
Part of the 2009 World Cup winning side, Claire Taylor has been described as "the best player in the tournament" and was named as the.ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year 2009
As a medium pace bowler Claire also became the first England player to take 100 international wickets
Claire Taylor MBE ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2009
ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2009
Claire Taylor broke in to the England senior squad in 1998 after she finished university but it was not until 2001 that she decided to concentrate full time on her cricket career. Since then she has not looked back.
Her first test century was complied against Australia at Headingly in 2001 and in 2006 she became the first female English cricketer to score a century at Lord’s in an ODI against India. This is also the record limited-overs score at Lord’s, with 156 not out off 151 balls, eclipsing Viv Richard’s 138 not out in 1979.
She has now gone on to achieve the following accolades:
- Joint highest ever century-maker in ODIs
- Number 1 ranked female ODI batsman
- Vodafone Player of the Year 2008, 2009
- Player of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2009
- Player of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2009
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2009 (first female honoured)
- ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2009
- Awarded an MBE in the 2010 New Years Honours List
Claire now has over 140 international appearances in various formats of the game and continues to be a current member of the England women’s team.
In addition to her cricketing achievements, Claire plays the violin in a local philharmonic orchestra. Past achievements include a mathematics degree from
The Queen’s College (Oxford) and selection for England U-17 and U-19 training squads. She is currently working as a Management Consultant for Reading University.
She is a proficient speaker and can talk on subjects such as
- Developing an approach to excellence
- Facilitating success within teams
- Finding a balance between work and sport